Thursday, September 4, 2008

I hate pink!!


Those of you who have known me for a while know that pink is not my favorite color. In fact, when I found out I was having a baby girl (along with the baby boy) I dreaded all the pink clothing I was going to be receiving. Well, today I have another reason to hate pink. It's called pink eye.

Last Thursday we went to a place called Little Village Playplace for a birthday party. It's a really cute place for kids to play inside with a grocery store, a camping area, vet station, you name it. The problem is, that lots of kids go there and I don't believe the toys get cleaned as often as they should (call me a germaphobe). Well, we've gone there twice and both times my kids have gotten sick. Aiden has had a cough for a few days now, but last night was rough. The two of us were up for about an hour and a half, and then the kids woke up at 6:45. When they woke up, I noticed Aiden's eyes were goopy. I wiped it off, but it just kept coming back. So I took him to the doctor and they confirmed that it's pink eye.

The poor little guy is miserable. He keeps coughing, can't breathe through his nose, and his eyes are all puffy and goopy. He keeps telling me "Eyes, mommy," so I think it's really starting to bother him. The fun part is putting the drops in his eyes. I don't even like putting drops in my eyes! So my eyes are totally watering while trying to hold him down and put the drops in, which I'm sure burn, judging by his reaction. Well, in 24 hours he'll no longer be contagious...let's hope he's the only one that gets it!

No comments: