
Alright. It was inevitable that this day was coming. After several mornings of waking up to a bizzarre sucking sound in front of my face (no it wasn't Matt), opening my eyes to see Aiden standing in front of me - not saying anything or crying mind you, just watching me sleep (a little creepy) we decided that it was time to move to big kid beds.
Keep in mind, this has been one of my biggest fears. If you have met my children, you'll understand why - Aiden and Annabelle in the same room with the freedom to roam around as they please = trouble. Nevertheless, we had to do it for their safety - I didn't want them to fall out of their cribs and hurt themselves.
So, with the twins' help, Matt took the front off their cribs while I just stood around and took pictures and cried (my babies are growing up!). We bought some body pillows to serve as bed rails and I let the kids pick out some fabric for me to make their pillowcases with (Aiden chose Thomas and Annabelle chose Dora). For this first week of their transition, Matt and/or I will stay in their room until they fall asleep to ensure they actually go to sleep. We'll see how things go...


No comments:
Post a Comment